Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pictures from last week

Thank you for your patience in waiting for the new pictures to be posted. Last week was a busy and kind of crazy week for me and I'm just now getting to it! Russell was out of town for a good portion of the week doing work stuff and then helping his sister move from Boston, MA to New Haven, CT (where she'll soon be starting at Yale's business school!). So, needless to say, there was a lot of "mommy time," which was great, but certainly makes me appreciate Russell and the little things he does around here even more (I love you).


Drew continues to amaze me with the new things he's learning and the way he's developing. It's so fun to watch! We spent time outside playing in the sandbox, swinging on the swing, drawing with sidewalk chalk, laughing at the dog, "smelling" the flowers, going for walks, playing in puddles and just having a grand old time. We also just bought a climber for Drew (with a door at the back - his favorite!) and a small slide. I put it together this week and he loves it! If he had a little bit longer legs he'd be climbing all over it (and everything else in the house). I'm sure he'll figure it out in no time. It hasn't made it outside yet, it's still in the front hallway. I wanted to give him some time to explore it before we put it in the grass (which he's not so sure about).


Also, he's finally learned how to go DOWN the stairs by himself. I'll try to post a short video at the end of the blog so you can see his technique. I think that's about it for now. We're looking forward to the arrival of my sister (Aunt Becca) on Thursday and will certainly have new pictures and adventures to post about next week.



Building with his new blocks (he's really good at making towers, even some with 5 or 6+ blocks!)
"Smelling" the flowers Playing in the puddles in the driveway after a summer storm
Peek-a-boo

"Come on in"
Drawing with sidewalk chalk (yes, with his left hand)
"There's stuff on my hands - get it off!"
The masterpiece (Yes, he did it all himself. No, he didn't line up the chalk)

Video of Drew going DOWN the stairs (hopefully it works now!)

3 comments:

Glenda said...

New adorable picutres not a minute too soon! Gigi was hoping to find a new posting today - Thank you Amber!! What fun playing in his new little house/slide. Love, Gigi

Anonymous said...

wow! either you have really wide stairs or my parents are really narrow! I'm so scared to let him go down them in their house!

The pics were so cute! I love the artwork!

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

Fun little climber structure! Bet Drew is loving it. He looks so old, guess we haven't seen you 3 in a while. Have fun with Auntie Becka!