Ready to make cookies with Mommy
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Christmas cookies
One of my favorite (though time consuming) Christmas traditions is making cookies to share with family and friends. It was always something fun that I enjoyed doing with my mom and sister when we were going up and is a tradition that I plan to continue with my boys (for as long as they'll put up with it.) Drew "helped" last year just a little bit, but this year he really started getting into it. It takes a little longer than if I did it myself, but the memories are priceless and make it all worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
What fun! We always try to do that, too...haven't tackled it yet this year, but I've got my day picked! Drew looks like he's having fun, and he's doing so good. My guys still don't seem to quite get the concept of the cookie cutter thing down. They treat the dough more like playdough -- cut cookies, smush it up, cut cookies, smush it up, eat a little of it, smush it up some more. They usually end up with their own little piles and it's me that actually gets cookies onto the cookie sheet!
Traditions make life so fun. It is amazing how much kids love to help. You hardly look pregnant but I bet you're feeling it. I'm impressed - Russell is lifting Drew to do the sprinkles - your Dr. would be proud!
I can't wait to taste the cookies! I am so glad you carry on this tradition...Drew seems to really enjoy it. I just wish I had the time to do more baking. Monday and Tuesday while I was off work would have been great days for this, but I was hanging out with the Morrison's and we only did premade cookie dough at their request. Fun no matter what. See you soon!!!!!
Post a Comment