Thursday, August 27, 2009
2 1/2 years!
Can it really be true that my baby is 2 1/2??? With Josh in the picture now it seems like most of my "milestone" postings are about him, but I don't want to forget what Drew is doing either. This is such a fun age and I am constantly amazed (and challenged) by the things he can do. This post will mostly just be "Mommy ramblings," but I wanted to make sure I had somethings documented for my own memory. His vocabulary has just taken off in the last few months and it seems like each day he has something new to add. He is a wonderful big brother and loves to watch Josh and make him laugh. We've had very little instances of jealousy (for which we are extremely thankful). I can't wait to see how their relationship grows and develops over the years. I hope they become the best of friends. Drew has really started developing his imaginary play in the last couple of weeks. (In fact, as I sit and write this he is pretending to be fishing with a stick in the dog's outside water bowl.) He loves to "play" with our cat, Maggie. So far she's been extremely tolerant. He still loves to look at books and is very gentle with the pages. I've started sharing my collection of paperbacks with him (under supervision) and he treats them with love and respect - I'd expect nothing less! I hope he always loves books and the adventures they can take you on. He's a lefty through and through. We laugh at the articles that say, "by now you MAY be able to see a preference for hand dominance," we've known for a long time that he was a lefty. He writes/draws left, most often eats left, he golfs left, bats left, throws left, kicks left. (He still uses his right hand, so no worries developmentally.) He can recognize all of his uppercase letters and most numbers 0-10. He knows all of his colors and basic shapes. We've begun casual potty training as he's beginning to show signs of readiness. Last night, for the first time, he used his little potty before bed with success!! We are so proud of him!!! He still loves Elmo and Sesame Street, but his newest love is Curious George (I think we have every episode saved on our DVR - gotta love the DVR!!). He also enjoys watching Clifford, Super Why, and Word World on occasion. I still think his favorite activity is playing outside and now that it's starting to get a little cooler (at least this week) we'll be able to be outside more. It's been a great ride so far, and I can't wait to see where the journey takes us next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
These are totally adorable! Amber you did an awesome job! Man did you have some great cooperation or what?!! Our big 2 1/2 year old!! (Yea for a potty success!!)
Love, Mom
Post a Comment