Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkins Galore!

I love the fall season and especially love decorating and doing things with pumpkins. When I was teaching, the fall/pumpkin/harvest themes were my favorite. Drew is finally old enough to do some fun stuff, so I jumped at the chance.

I found this adorable pumpkin craft online (can't remember where I first saw it now) and we had such fun!
Here's what you need...
Put the toilet paper roll in the middle of the fabric and tuck the edges inside

Roll the lunch sack up to form a stem

Twist a pipe cleaner around a marker to make a vine
They turned out so cute!
(For some reason I don't have a picture, but I'll get one)

My sister, Aunt Becca, came to visit for a week and she and Drew explored a pumpkin together. Drew wasn't too sure about actually touching anything, but once he had a spoon he was happy. He loved "opening" the pumpkin and can tell you that there are "seeds and strings" inside.







Then Drew and I did a fun project about the inside of the pumpkin. We didn't have any orange paint, so we worked in some color mixing lessons and made our own. Drew had a great time stirring up the paint.
Red + Yellow=Orange
Painting a paper plate

Drew was excited to get to squeeze the glue onto the plate
Gluing on yarn (pulp/"strings")
Carefully arranging the seeds
Our finished product!

2 comments:

Lee, Michelle, Cooper 4 and Allie 3 said...

How fun! Love the easy T.P. pumpkin craft - I'm going to try it!

Lori said...

You are such a fun mommy!!