Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 21, 2008

Drew Update

I know I haven't been that great about updating the blog, that's just the way it goes sometimes! We've been doing great and Drew is learning all kinds of new things (some good, some not so good). He still hasn't taken any independent steps (at least not when we're looking), although we're pretty sure that he has the physical capability to do it. I'm sure once he starts there'll be no stopping him - so maybe we should be thankful that he's taking his time. He's started "talking" more and is getting better at letting us know what he wants without completely breaking down (although that still happens plenty, believe me!). He won't way "Mama", but "Dada" is always on the tip of his lips. He can also say All Done ("Ah Da"), Dog ("Du"), Kitty ("Ee-ee" said in a high pitch that he only uses when he sees her), and has just started saying Outside ("Owdid" - long i sound). Now, keep in mind that most of these "words" are only recognizable to us, but nevertheless I'm proud!
We've also started the weaning process (of which I have mixed emotions). He now takes whole milk in a cup (instead of nursing) at lunch and dinner. He's getting much better at feeding himself with a spoon and eating finger foods. He's had Cheerios, Gerber puffs, Gerber Wagon Wheels, Zwieback toast, pears, bananas, Goldfish, shredded cheese, bread, crackers and macaroni noodles. We've discovered that he's a bit of a "hamster" when it comes to finger foods. If you put too many on his tray he'll just stuff them all in his mouth before he's really finished. You have to watch him really carefully.

I've picked some of the cutest pictures from this past week to post. Hope you enjoy!

I'm so cute in my overalls!
I love to stand up and play at the coffee table
"Oooo, look what I did..."
"You mean there's stuff in there???"
Baby kiss for Mommy
Crazy hair (he just woke up)


Check out the "pruny" feet after bath time - too cute!!!

No comments: