Monday, February 16, 2009
One last fling
We just returned from our last trip to Houston before Josh's arrival. It wasn't planned for long, but ended up being a great trip. Russell had the opportunity to take a week long class and it just happened to fit into a week when I didn't have a doctor's appointment (there aren't many of those left!). We were able to see some family and get some much needed shopping done. We also took advantage of the last chance to have some time to ourselves before Josh makes his appearance (in 7 weeks or less!!!). Gigi and Grandpa graciously agreed to watch Drew for us for a couple of days in the middle of the week and Russell and I were able to spend some time alone. He was staying in a hotel on Westheimer for his training and I got to come join him for Tuesday and Wednesday nights. I used my Christmas gift certificate for a luxurious spa day on Tuesday and enjoyed getting to go shopping alone (I mostly just looked and walked around without having to worry about where Drew was or what he was doing - a nice change of pace). The spa was absolutely wonderful (thanks again, honey)!!! I had a great prenatal massage and then a spa pedicure and manicure. Such an indulgence, but so wonderful!!! I know that there won't be many opportunities for pampering myself in the coming months so I have to make this memory last. Russell and I got to go out to eat both nights without a toddler climbing all over us and even found time to see a movie. It was just what we needed to reconnect and get ready to become a family of 4!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Good for you, Amber! It's important to get that "one last fling" in!
Yeah for you! Nice going Russel!!
Can't wait to see the pretty toes!
Post a Comment