Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

Weight Watchers

Okay, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone a little and letting you into a personal area of my life - so be prepared. It has been on my mind for a while now that I needed to lose some weight (nothing drastic, just something to get healthier and be a better steward of the body that God has blessed me with). This isn't something that I've really wanted to think about and, like most of us, would just like to forget about and have it go away without having to do any work. But, that's not the way things like this go. So, I've decided to give Weight Watchers a try. I know lots of people that have had great success with the program and it seemed like something that I could do, even with a 15 month old running around. I'm doing it a little differently than most, I'm not going to meetings (at least not yet) and I'm not doing their program online - so I guess I'm not officially doing their program - but I digress. I found a brand new starter kit on ebay and the information that I needed to get started. I started last Monday and have already seen results (I've lost 4 pounds). My plan is to weigh in on Monday mornings and post my successes and challenges here as a way for others to help support me on this journey and keep me accountable. The thing that I love about Weight Watchers is that you really can keep eating the same things that you love. I even had enough points saved up from my weekly allowance to splurge and have a Sonic Blast last night to celebrate our anniversary. It's all about portion control and changing the way you look at food. Anyone want to join me??

6 comments:

Carrie Brown said...

Amber,
Good for you! That is awesome, 4 pounds in a week!
I need to get back on board! I bought my spinach salad. I guess I could start point counting tomorrow! I will give it a try!
CB

texanatheart.angela@gmail.com said...

Amber,
I lost 75 lbs. on weight watchers 2 years ago. I did gain 20 back over the holidays, so I am game to start back counting! Great Job!!

Glenda said...

Amber,
Great start - 4 lbs in week 1!

I decided while we were traveling that I HAD to get back on the program. Two years ago I lost 14 pounds and some of them have found me again! :-) I was happy to see that weeks of eating like crazy, but walking everywhere in Europe had dislodged 2 lbs.- better than gaining! So I may be "weighing in" on this gig!
Proud of you!! Love Mom/Gigi

Rachel said...

Amber, that's awesome! I need to lose some "Joey-weight" and still some "Micah-weight." You guys keep doing so well, and maybe I will get up the nerve to really be intentional about trying...

Anonymous said...

Way to go Am! Thinking and praying for you. US

tara leann said...

I was wanting to join the program too. I just can't seem to shed the last of my baby weight. I had done the program with some ladies at TWE and liked it and saw results.... so looks like you might have a long distant buddy joinng you! I still have my point book but send any new snack/meal ideas if yo have any!

I'll weigh in tomorrow and see where I go from there!