We had a wonderful weekend with lots of family traveling in to celebrate Drew's 1st birthday. The guest list included: Gigi and Grandpa Randy, Papaw Dave, Mimi and Papaw, Grandma Joyce and Grandpa Jack, Gramps, Auntie Randi, and of course, Mommy and Daddy and the guest of honor - Drew! We spent lots of time just being together and catching up (it's not often that both sides of the family get together) and ooohing and awwing over the cuteness of Drew. He was more than willing to oblige and content to be the center of attention.
Saturday was "Party Day" and we had lots of fun! After breakfast and morning naps the real fun began. I decorated the dining room with balloons, pictures of Drew, cake (decorated like a teddy bear to match the napkins and plates - I'm so proud), and of course presents!! We even had a special birthday banner and decorations for his highchair. This being Drew's first party he had no concept of what was going on, but when I took him around the corner and showed him the decorations his whole face just lit up!!! We opened presents, ate some pizza, opened more presents, sang Happy Birthday and then let Drew dive into his very own birthday cake. He was pretty unsure about what was going on (I think he was afraid we were tricking him into eating his vegetables or something), but he eventually got the idea. I don't think much actually made it into his mouth (which was probably for the best), but he sure did like squishing the icing in his hands! We all went out to dinner and then after Drew was in bed the adults had their cake and ice cream. It was a wonderful day and we were extremely blessed to be able to share it with so much of our family.


1 comment:
Looks like lots of fun was had at the party! Btw...when did you get that high chair and new glasses? I like them both and just noticed things were a little different.
Love, Reb
Post a Comment